A five-game home winning streak is on the line for the No. 8 Kentucky Wildcats (5-1) when they meet the UIC Flames (2-2) at Rupp Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 147.5 points with Kentucky opening as a 20-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
UIC Flames at Kentucky Wildcats ATS Preview
The last time the Flames played, they were beaten by the Fort Wayne Mastodons, 67-51. UIC’s Tai Odiase contributed eight points and 10 rebounds in the contest. Fort Wayne held the Flames to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.1 (below their season average of 33.9). UIC, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (19-22; 86.4 percent).
The Wildcats come in on a high note after dismantling the Fort Wayne Mastodons in their last outing, 86-67. Kentucky was lifted by Nick Richards, who was the games leading scorer with 25 points on 9-for-10 shooting. Kentucky dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 46.2 (above their season average of 37.4) and a free throw rate of 0.273 (above their season average of 0.218). Fort Wayne was 17.9 and 0.117, respectively, for those same stats.
There should be plenty of transition offense in this contest that features a pair of the NCAA’s more up-and-down teams. Kentucky ranks 36th in possessions per game (73.3) and UIC is 30th (73.5) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Since last season, the Flames have had records of 17-20 straight up (SU) and 18-16 against the spread (ATS). Since last season, games featuring UIC have gone over the projected point total 55.9 percent of the time.
The Wildcats have had a phenomenal 34-6 SU record since last season, but are just 19-22-2 ATS. Over that same time frame, Kentucky’s games have gone under the O/U total 59.5 percent of the time.
UIC Flames at Kentucky Wildcats ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kentucky, ATS Winner – Kentucky, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 51st in assists allowed per game (11.6) while the Flames rank 229th (14.2).
- UIC ranks 169th in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while Kentucky ranks 255th (18.8).
- Kentucky ranks 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.1) while UIC ranks 270th (7.6).
- The Wildcats average 40.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. The Flames rank 242nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- Kentucky averages 5.4 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the nation. UIC ranks 221st in blocks allowed per game (4.0).