The Northern Kentucky Norse (11-3, 1-0 Hor) welcome the UIC Flames (7-7, 1-0 Hor) to BB&T Arena. The Norse will attempt to prolong their six-game winning streak. The game gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 30, 2018.
UIC Flames at Northern Kentucky Norse ATS Odds
In their last game, the Norse easily got past the Wilmington (OH) Quakers, 102-38, while the Flames lost to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 84-67.
Northern Kentucky dominated every facet of the contest. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 60.0 and a free throw rate of 0.323. For those same stats, Wilmington (OH) was 21.3 and 0.121, respectively. UIC, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (15.2 vs. 16.9). Jalen Tate fueled Northern Kentucky with 17 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, UIC was led by Marcus Ottey, who finished with 17 points and five rebounds.
The Norse dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the most recent contest, Northern Kentucky won 79-72. Northern Kentucky’s 0.516 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over UIC, who had a rate of 0.452. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The Flames’ Tarkus Ferguson has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Drew McDonald has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Norse.
Northern Kentucky figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Norse rank 71st in offensive efficiency, while UIC ranks 287th in defensive efficiency.
UIC Flames vs. Northern Kentucky Norse ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Northern Kentucky, ATS Winner – UIC, O/U – Under
- Northern Kentucky ranks 36th in assists per game (16.4) while UIC ranks 159th in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- The Norse rank 35th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Flames rank 81st (6.3).
- The Norse average 26.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 52nd in the nation. The Flames rank 167th in three pointers allowed per game (24.0).
- Northern Kentucky averages 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 79th in the nation. UIC ranks 161st in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 80.8 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 85.2 points per game (7.0 above their season average).
- The Norse’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 28.0, up from 13.0 for the season.