The UConn Huskies (14-11, 5-7 AAC) will be at the Liacouras Center to go head-to-head with the Temple Owls (13-12, 5-7 AAC) in an AAC matchup. The game can be seen on ESPN2 at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
UConn Huskies vs. Temple Owls ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Owls were blown out by the 15th-ranked Villanova Wildcats, 76-56, while the Huskies edged the Memphis Tigers, 64-61.
UConn played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.273 (above their season average of 0.235) and a turnover percentage of 13.8 (better than their season average of 17.3). For those same stats, Memphis had marks of 0.183 and 19.1, respectively. Temple, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (10-13; 76.9 percent). Nate Pierre-Louis put together a solid outing for Temple with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Christian Vital had a good outing for UConn, putting up 23 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Vital led the Huskies to a 78-63 win. He notched a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds. UConn was successful at getting to and converting from the charity stripe. The Huskies made 28 of their 30 free throws (93.3 percent), while the Owls were 13-17 (76.5 percent).
The Huskies’ James Bouknight has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 19 points,2.0 steals per game. Meanwhile, Quinton Rose has averaged 19 points,6.4 rebounds,4.2 assists,2.2 steals,1.2 blocks during that same time frame for the Owls.
Temple might have a tough time putting up points as they go head-to-head against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. UConn ranks 42nd in defensive efficiency while the Owls rank 301st in offensive efficiency.
UConn Huskies at Temple Owls ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – UConn, ATS Winner – UConn, O/U – Under
- UConn ranks 12th in three pointers allowed per game (17.1) while Temple ranks 280th (26.0).
- The Owls rank 47th in steals per game (7.9) while the Huskies rank 174th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- UConn ranks 160th in assists per game (12.8) while Temple ranks 177th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- The Huskies rank 58th in rebounds per game (38.2) while the Owls rank 256th in rebounds allowed per game (38.1).
- UConn averages 6.5 blocks per game, which ranks second in the country. Temple ranks 165th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Owls have been outscored by an average of 2.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Temple has defeated opponents by an average of 1.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (1.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (4.4 above their season average).