The East Carolina Pirates (11-18, 5-11 AAC) wrap up their home schedule at Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum against the UConn Huskies (16-12, 7-8 AAC). Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNU.
UConn Huskies vs. East Carolina Pirates Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Pirates were beaten by the South Florida Bulls, 73-68, while the Huskies defeated the UCF Knights, 81-65.
UConn dominated every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 34.4 (above their season average of 33.4) and a free throw rate of 0.305 (above their season average of 0.240). For those same stats, UCF was 21.9 and 0.204, respectively. East Carolina, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.525 (above their season average of 0.465). Jayden Gardner played a pivotal role for East Carolina with 19 points. Meanwhile, UConn was lifted by Isaiah Whaley, who recorded 18 points and 11 rebounds.
The Huskies dominated this series last year, securing victories in both contests. In the most recent matchup, UConn won 82-73. UConn did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (16-19; 84.2 percent). East Carolina, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.3 vs. 21.0). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
The ineffective offense of East Carolina will clash against the elite defense of UConn. The Pirates rank 289th in offensive efficiency, while the Huskies are 50th in defensive efficiency. The Huskies figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
UConn Huskies vs. East Carolina Pirates Betting Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UConn, ATS Winner – UConn, O/U – Over
- UConn ranks 13th in three pointers allowed per game (16.9) while East Carolina ranks 240th (24.0).
- The Huskies rank 63rd in rebounds per game (37.9) while the Pirates rank 141st in rebounds allowed per game (34.9).
- UConn averages 12.9 assists per game, which ranks 147th in the nation. East Carolina ranks 184th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- The Huskies rank fourth in blocks per game (6.1) while the Pirates rank 118th (3.1).
- UConn ranks 75th in steals per game (7.2) while East Carolina ranks 170th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- During their last five games, the Pirates have scored an average of 66.2 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (0.4 below their season average).
- The Huskies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 5.1 for the season.