The Creighton Bluejays (3-0) and the No. 23 UCLA Bruins (3-0) clash in the CBE Hall of Fame Classic at Sprint Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
UCLA Bruins vs. Creighton Bluejays Betting Preview
The Bruins had no trouble getting past the South Carolina State Bulldogs in their last contest, 96-68. With 13 points and 15 rebounds, Thomas Welsh put together a solid game for UCLA. UCLA dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.179 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 51.4. South Carolina State was 0.056 and 27.3, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Bluejays played, they defeated the No. 20 Northwestern Wildcats, 92-88. With 24 points on 9-for-16 shooting, Khyri Thomas was Creightons high scorer. Creighton dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.9 and a free throw rate of 0.206. Northwestern put up marks of 18.4 and 0.179, respectively, for those same stats.
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as a pair of the nations premier offenses square off. Since last season, Creighton ranks 31st with 113.7 points per 100 possessions and UCLA is first (121.3). Moreover, the Bruins rank 326th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.200), while the Bluejays rank 39th in opponents FTA rate (0.199).
UCLA Bruins vs. Creighton Bluejays Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UCLA, ATS Winner – UCLA, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bluejays average 17.2 assists per game, which ranks ninth in the NCAA. The Bruins rank 152nd in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- UCLA ranks 159th in steals per game (6.1) while Creighton ranks 205th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- UCLA ranks 67th in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while Creighton ranks 239th in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).
- The Bruins rank 12th in blocks per game (5.4) while the Bluejays rank 181st (3.0).
- UCLA ranks 30th in rebounds per game (39.1) while Creighton ranks 185th (35.4).