The 18th-ranked Colorado Buffaloes (21-6, 11-4 Pac-12) close out their home schedule at CU Events Center against the UCLA Bruins (16-11, 9-5 Pac-12). Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
UCLA Bruins at Colorado Buffaloes Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Buffaloes defeated the USC Trojans 70-66, while the Bruins beat the Utah Runnin’ Utes 69-58.
UCLA dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 40.7 (above their season average of 35.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.563 (above their season average of 0.489). For those same stats, Utah was 26.7 and 0.469, respectively. Colorado, meanwhile, launched 26 three pointers, making 11 of them (42.3 percent). They also held USC to just 2-11 (18.2 percent). Tyler Bey had a solid performance for Colorado, recording 14 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Jules Bernard fueled UCLA with 16 points.
In their first matchup this year, Chris Smith led the Bruins to a 72-68 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 30 points. UCLA won the rebounding battle. The Bruins had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. seven), defensive rebounds (26 vs. 22) and total rebounds (39 vs. 29).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams battle. Colorado currently ranks 277th in possessions per game (67.2) and UCLA is 302nd (66.6). Moreover, the Bruins are among the nation’s elite on the offensive backboards, ranking 18th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.2 percent). The Buffaloes, however, rank 37th at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 75.7 percent.
UCLA at Colorado Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Colorado, ATS Winner – Colorado, O/U – Under
- UCLA averages 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 91st in the nation. Colorado ranks 198th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Bruins are 18th in the NCAA with 30.7 rebounds allowed per game while the Buffaloes are 29th with 31.5 rebounds allowed per game.
- The Buffaloes rank 177th in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while the Bruins rank 249th (18.4).
- Colorado ranks 34th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while UCLA ranks 55th (11.0).
- The Buffaloes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, down from 9.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bruins have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (0.8 below their season average).