The UCLA Bruins (19-9, 10-6 Pac-12) will travel to Coors Events Center to square off with the Colorado Buffaloes (15-13, 7-9 Pac-12) in their home finale. UCLA opened as a 3-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 148 points. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 25, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
UCLA Bruins vs. Colorado Buffaloes Betting Preview
The last time the Bruins played, they were beaten by the Utah Runnin’ Utes, 84-78. With 23 points on 9-for-19 shooting, Aaron Holiday was the top scorer from either team. Utah did a great job of making free throws (15-17; 88.2 percent). UCLA, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 29.0).
The Buffaloes are hoping for a better outcome after their 75-64 loss to the USC Trojans in their last contest. Lucas Siewert was Colorado’s high scorer with 16 points on 6-for-11 shooting. USC had a turnover percentage of 9.4 (better than their season average of 13.6). Colorado, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (10-11; 90.9 percent).
Getting to the line could be hard to find for Colorado in this battle. The Buffaloes currently rank 169th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.240, while UCLA ranks 57th in FTA rate allowed (0.200). Ball security should be an advantage for the Bruins. They rank 53rd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while the Buffaloes force the 24th-fewest turnovers in the NCAA (opponents turnover percentage of 15.8 percent).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games involving UCLA have finished over 59.3 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of Colorado games have gone under. The Bruins have the superior straight up (SU) record (19-9 vs. 15-13) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (13-14-1 vs. 12-15-1).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 127 points, well under the projected point total of 153.5. The Buffaloes won 68-59, covering as 11-point underdogs. Colorado’s free throw rate was their largest strength over UCLA. The Buffaloes had a rate of 0.255, while the Bruins posted a mark of 0.129. George King put up a double-double in the victory with 26 points and 10 rebounds.
UCLA Bruins vs. Colorado Buffaloes Betting Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UCLA, ATS Winner – UCLA, O/U – Under
- The Bruins average 23.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 93rd in the nation. The Buffaloes rank 187th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- UCLA ranks 146th in steals per game (5.9) while Colorado ranks 238th (4.4).
- UCLA is 5-7 ATS on the road, while Colorado is 9-5 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 8 of the Bruins 12 road games, while 8 of the Buffaloes 14 home games have gone under.
- Colorado ranks 39th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while UCLA ranks 188th (14.3).
- The Bruins rank 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Buffaloes rank 165th (3.9).
- Colorado ranks 69th in rebounds per game (37.7) while UCLA ranks 200th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- Colorado is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UCLA is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Buffaloes average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.2, up from 0.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bruins have scored an average of 80.0 points per game (2.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.4 points per game (2.1 above their season average).