The USC Trojans (21-9, 12-5 Pac-12) and UCLA Bruins (19-10, 10-7 Pac-12) will square off at Galen Center to bring the regular season to a close. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 157 points with USC opening as a 5.5-point favorite. Action starts at 10:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 3, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
UCLA Bruins at USC Trojans Free Preview
The last time the Bruins played, they lost to the Colorado Buffaloes, 80-76. Aaron Holiday put together a good performance for UCLA, leading both teams in scoring with 21 points on 6-for-19 shooting. Colorado did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (18-25; 72.0 percent). UCLA, on the other hand, held the Buffaloes to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.1 (below their season average of 29.9).
The Trojans hope to maintain momentum after defeating the Utah Runnin’ Utes in their last outing, 74-58. USC’s Chimezie Metu played a key role with 14 points and nine rebounds. The Trojans forced 15 turnovers and held the Runnin’ Utes to an effective field goal percentage of 0.454 (below their season average of 0.543).
It might turn into a shootout as a pair of the nations top offenses clash. USC ranks 34th with 114.1 points per 100 possessions and UCLA is 44th (113.0).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games involving UCLA have finished over 60.7 percent of the time, while 62.1 percent of USC games have finished under. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (19-10 for UCLA; 21-9 for USC), but the Trojans have the edge against the spread (ATS). USC is 18-11-1 ATS, while the Bruins are 13-15-1.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 161 points, just over the projected point total of 156.5. The Bruins won 82-79, covering as 2-point favorites. UCLA’s 0.211 free throw rate was their largest strength over USC, who had a rate of 0.143. Holiday was the games leading scorer with 23 points.
UCLA Bruins vs. USC Trojans Free Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – USC, ATS Winner – UCLA, O/U – Under
- The Trojans rank 22nd in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Bruins rank 115th (6.1).
- UCLA ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while USC ranks 62nd (2.9).
- USC is 7-7-1 ATS at home, while UCLA is 5-8 ATS on the road.
- The Bruins have 9 overs and 4 unders in 13 road games.
- In 15 home games, the Trojans have 8 unders, 5 overs and 1 push.
- USC ranks 36th in assists per game (16.1) while UCLA ranks 191st in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- The Bruins rank 25th in rebounds per game (39.1) while the Trojans rank 177th (34.7).
- USC ranks 148th in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while UCLA ranks 288th in three pointers allowed per game (25.7).
- USC is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UCLA is 1-3-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Trojans average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, down from 7.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bruins have scored an average of 78.8 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.6 points per game (3.2 above their season average).