The UCLA Bruins (15-11, 8-5 Pac-12) will be at the Jon M. Huntsman Center to meet the Utah Runnin’ Utes (14-11, 5-8 Pac-12) in a Pac-12 matchup. Action gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
UCLA Bruins at Utah Runnin’ Utes Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Runnin’ Utes lost big to the 17th-ranked Oregon Ducks, 80-62, while the Bruins defeated the Washington Huskies, 67-57.
The Bruins made 18 of their 23 free throws (78.3 percent), while the Huskies had a turnover percentage of 24.4 (above their season average of 19.0). Utah, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (12-15; 80.0 percent). Utah was lifted by Rylan Jones, who had 18 points. Chris Smith was a key piece for UCLA with 20 points.
In their first matchup this year, Tyger Campbell led the Bruins to a 73-57 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 22 points. UCLA’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Utah. The Bruins had a rate of 0.333, while the Runnin’ Utes posted a mark of 0.071.
The physical Utah offense seems poised to dominate from the free throw line. The Runnin’ Utes rank 55th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.270, while UCLA ranks 294th in FTA rate allowed (0.272).
UCLA Bruins vs. Utah Runnin’ Utes Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Utah, ATS Winner – Utah, O/U – Under
- Utah ranks 166th in three pointers attempted per game (21.5) while UCLA ranks 253rd (18.6).
- The Bruins average 13.3 assists per game, which ranks 128th in the nation. The Runnin’ Utes rank 191st in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- UCLA ranks 100th in blocks per game (3.3) while Utah ranks 160th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- The Bruins rank 49th in steals allowed per game (5.6) while the Runnin’ Utes rank 122nd (6.5).
- UCLA ranks 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (31.0) while Utah ranks 86th (33.4).
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Utes have scored an average of 58.8 points per game (12.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (5.1 below their season average).
- The Bruins’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, up from 1.9 for the season.