The UCLA Bruins (7-3) and their sensational offense travel to Notre Dame to play the Fighting Irish (7-3) and their stifling defense. The game starts at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 14, 2019.
UCLA Bruins vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish Betting Odds
Both teams won big over their last opponent. The Fighting Irish defeated the Detroit Titans 110-71, while the Bruins beat the Denver Pioneers 81-62.
UCLA played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 41.7 (above their season average of 36.6) and a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 16.8). For those same stats, Denver had marks of 18.8 and 23.1, respectively. The Fighting Irish, meanwhile, had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.739 (above their season average of 0.467) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7 (above their season average of 27.1). Dane Goodwin had a solid performance for Notre Dame, recording 27 points and seven rebounds. UCLA was lifted by Cody Riley, who put up 21 points and 11 rebounds.
The Bruins won the only game between these two teams last year, 65-62. UCLA won the rebounding battle. The Bruins had more offensive rebounds (18 vs. nine), defensive rebounds (34 vs. 31) and total rebounds (52 vs. 40). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
UCLA might struggle to create turnovers. Notre Dame ranks fourth in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.2 percent), while UCLA forces the 143rd-most turnovers (20.5 percent). Moreover, the Bruins rank 53rd in offensive efficiency (110.3), while the Fighting Irish rank 46th in defensive efficiency (90.4).
UCLA vs. Notre Dame Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Notre Dame, ATS Winner – Notre Dame, O/U – Over
- Notre Dame ranks 17th in three pointers attempted per game (28.3) while UCLA ranks 260th (16.5).
- The Fighting Irish are 23rd in the country with 5.1 steals allowed per game while the Bruins are 55th with 5.7 steals allowed per game.
- UCLA is 39th in the nation with 2.7 blocks allowed per game while Notre Dame is 55th with 2.9 blocks allowed per game.
- The Bruins rank 10th in rebounds allowed per game (29.1) while the Fighting Irish rank 233rd (38.8).
- UCLA ranks 13th in assists allowed per game (9.3) while Notre Dame ranks 146th (13.1).
- The Fighting Irish’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.8, down from 11.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bruins have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (0.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (0.2 below their season average).