The UCF Knights (14-12, 5-9 AAC) will be at the XL Center to meet the UConn Huskies (15-12, 6-8 AAC) in an AAC matchup. The game will air on ESPNU at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
UCF Knights vs. UConn Huskies ATS Odds
In their last game, the Huskies were victorious over the South Florida Bulls, 78-71, while the Knights lost a winnable game to the Tulane Green Wave, 75-74.
UConn played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.383 (above their season average of 0.236) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.638 (above their season average of 0.468). For those same stats, South Florida put up marks of 0.226 and 0.557, respectively. UCF, on the other hand, held Tulane to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.2 (below the 30.9 mark opponents have averaged against UCF this season). Christian Vital was a key piece for UConn with 24 points and six rebounds. Collin Smith, meanwhile had a solid performance for UCF, contributing 16 points and 13 rebounds.
The Knights dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent contest, UCF won 73-67. One of UCF’s largest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They had 36 free throw attempts, while UConn had just 13. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The Knights’ Darin Green Jr. has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 14 points per game. Meanwhile, James Bouknight has averaged 20 points,5.2 rebounds,1.2 steals during that same time frame for the Huskies.
Expect UConn to dominate the offensive glass in this matchup. The Huskies are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 34th in offensive rebounding percentage at 33.4 percent. Meanwhile, UCF ranks 297th in the country at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.4 percent.
UCF Knights vs. UConn Huskies Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UConn, ATS Winner – UConn, O/U – Over
- UConn averages 38.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 59th in the NCAA. UCF ranks 201st in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- The Huskies average 12.8 assists per game, which ranks 156th in the country. The Knights rank 217th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- UCF ranks 127th in steals per game (6.5) while UConn ranks 186th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Huskies rank 16th in three pointers allowed per game (17.0) while the Knights rank 146th (21.7).
- UConn ranks third in blocks per game (6.3) while UCF ranks 131st (3.1).
- The Huskies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 4.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knights have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (5.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (7.1 above their season average).