The UCF Knights (9-7, 0-4 AAC) and the Tulane Green Wave (10-6, 2-2 AAC) clash at Fogelman Arena in Devlin Fieldhouse. The Knights look to snap their five-game losing streak. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
UCF Knights at Tulane Green Wave Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Green Wave beat the Temple Owls, 65-51, while the Knights fell to the Cincinnati Bearcats, 68-54.
The Green Wave held the Owls to an effective field goal percentage of 0.361 (below their season average of 0.473). The Owls also had a turnover percentage of 22.5 (above their season average of 15.6). UCF, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (15-21; 71.4 percent). K.J. Lawson fueled Tulane with 16 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. Meanwhile, UCF rallied around Collin Smith, who recorded 19 points and nine rebounds.
The Knights won the only contest between these two teams last year, 75-50. The Knights’ 12.7 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Green Wave, who had a mark of 23.7. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Points at the line could be scarce for UCF in this matchup. The Knights currently rank 273rd in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.194, while Tulane ranks 28th in FTA rate allowed (0.159).
UCF Knights at Tulane Green Wave Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UCF, ATS Winner – UCF, O/U – Over
- UCF ranks 91st in rebounds per game (37.4) while Tulane ranks 251st (32.1).
- The Green Wave rank fourth in steals allowed per game (4.3) while the Knights rank 106th (6.6).
- The Knights average 14.5 assists per game, which ranks 77th in the country. The Green Wave rank 222nd in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- UCF ranks 111th in three pointers allowed per game (21.1) while Tulane ranks 247th (25.6).
- During their last five games, the Green Wave have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.8 points per game (3.9 above their season average).
- The Knights have been outscored by an average of 8.2 points in their last five games. On the season, UCF has defeated opponents by an average of 2.0 points.