The Tulane Green Wave (4-13, 0-5 AAC) and the UCF Knights (14-3, 4-1 AAC) battle at Fogelman Arena in Devlin Fieldhouse. The Green Wave will try to put an end to their seven-game losing streak. The game will air on ESPN 3 at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
UCF Knights vs. Tulane Green Wave ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Green Wave were beaten by the Connecticut Huskies, 87-71, while the Knights edged the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, 64-62.
UCF played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.1 (below their season average of 29.7) and a free throw rate of 0.431 (above their season average of 0.317). Tulsa was 12.5 and 0.362, respectively, for those same stats. Tulane, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (8-11; 72.7 percent). Tulane was lifted by Caleb Daniels, who contributed 21 points. Aubrey Dawkins, meanwhile fueled UCF with 12 points and five rebounds.
The Knights won the only game between these two teams last season, 60-51. UCF’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Tulane. The Knights had a rate of 0.354, while the Green Wave posted a mark of 0.167. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Tulane might have a difficult time putting up points as they go head-to-head against one of the nation’s best defenses. UCF ranks 37th in defensive efficiency while the Green Wave rank 317th in offensive efficiency. Additionally, the Knights rank 56th in turnover percentage (17.0 percent), while the Green Wave rank 333rd in opponents’ turnover percentage (15.8 percent).
UCF Knights vs. Tulane Green Wave Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Ucf, ATS Winner – Tulane, O/U – Over
- UCF averages 37.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 77th in the NCAA. Tulane ranks 236th in rebounds allowed per game (37.9).
- The Green Wave rank 202nd in three pointers attempted per game (20.8) while the Knights rank 254th (19.1).
- UCF averages 13.8 assists per game, which ranks 126th in the nation. Tulane ranks 138th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- The Knights rank 38th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Green Wave rank 156th (7.3).
- UCF ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Tulane ranks 109th (3.6).
- The Knights’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 10.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Green Wave have scored an average of 64.8 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 80.6 points per game (5.2 above their season average).