A six-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Connecticut Huskies (9-5, 0-1 AAC) when they welcome the UCF Knights (11-2, 1-0 AAC) to XL Center. The game can be seen on ESPNews at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
UCF Knights vs. Connecticut Huskies ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Huskies defeated the Morehead State Eagles 80-70, while the Knights beat the Rider Broncs 84-70.
UCF played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.424 and a turnover percentage of 12.2. Rider was 0.130 and 17.6, respectively, for those same stats. The Huskies, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.4 vs. 19.9) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.8 vs. 32.5). Connecticut received a boost from Josh Carlton, who finished with 17 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Collin Smith played a pivotal role for UCF with 14 points and 13 rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last game, the Knights won 70-61. Getting to the free throw line was one of UCF’s largest advantages. They had 34 free throw attempts, while Connecticut had just 11. This will be the first contest of the year between these two teams.
The Knights’ Aubrey Dawkins has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Jalen Adams has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Huskies.
Contrasting paces will be on display in this matchup. Connecticut prefers a fast-paced style of play (65th in possessions per game), while UCF is more half-court-oriented (318th in possessions per game). Additionally, the Knights commit the 50th-fewest errors in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while the pesky defense of the Huskies causes the 25th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 23.7 percent).
UCF Knights vs. Connecticut Huskies ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Connecticut, ATS Winner – UCF, O/U – Over
- UCF ranks 39th in rebounds per game (39.8) while Connecticut ranks 138th in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
- The Huskies rank 115th in assists per game (13.9) while the Knights rank 117th in assists allowed per game (13.0).
- The Huskies rank 49th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2) while the Knights rank 146th (23.2).
- UCF ranks 16th in blocks per game (5.4) while Connecticut ranks 70th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Knights’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.0, up from 12.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 84.0 points per game (3.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (3.7 above their season average).