The UC Santa Barbara Gauchos (18-9, 7-5 BigWst) and their outstanding offense travel to UC Riverside to play the Highlanders (15-14, 5-8 BigWst) and their superb defense. Action begins at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
UC Santa Barbara Gauchos vs. UC Riverside Highlanders ATS Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Highlanders defeated the Cal Poly Mustangs 61-49, while the Gauchos beat the UC Davis Aggies 70-56.
UC Santa Barbara dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.6 (below their season average of 32.5) and a turnover percentage of 12.9 (better than their season average of 15.8). UC Davis was 12.9 and 17.8, respectively, for those same stats. The Highlanders, meanwhile, held the Mustangs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.337 (below their season average of 0.483) and had a free throw rate of 0.364 (above their season average of 0.177). UC Riverside rallied around George Willborn III, who finished with 17 points. Meanwhile, Amadou Sow had a solid performance for UC Santa Barbara, finishing with 16 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Sow led the Gauchos to a 65-63 victory. He recorded 16 points and six rebounds. UC Santa Barbara had a better offensive rebounding percentage (17.9 vs. 13.0). UC Riverside, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.106 vs. 0.075).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams square off. UC Riverside ranks 335th in possessions per game (64.7) and UC Santa Barbara is 342nd (64.3). Also, the Gauchos’ 15th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 112.3) will battle against the Highlanders’ 55th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 94.7).
UC Santa Barbara Gauchos at UC Riverside Highlanders Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UC Santa Barbara, ATS Winner – UC Santa Barbara, O/U – Under
- UC Riverside ranks 110th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while UC Santa Barbara ranks 245th (19.1).
- The Highlanders rank 41st in assists allowed per game (10.7) while the Gauchos rank 68th (11.6).
- UC Santa Barbara ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (29.2) while UC Riverside ranks 14th (30.3).
- The Gauchos are fifth in the NCAA with 4.4 steals allowed per game while the Highlanders are 60th with 5.6 steals allowed per game.
- UC Santa Barbara is 12th in the nation with 2.3 blocks allowed per game while UC Riverside is 51st with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- The Gauchos’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 59.4 points per game (5.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 58.8 points per game (2.2 below their season average).