The UC Santa Barbara Gauchos (16-8, 5-4 BigWst) will be at The Pavilion to square off with the UC Davis Aggies (10-15, 4-5 BigWst) in a BigWst matchup. The game gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
UC Santa Barbara Gauchos at UC Davis Aggies ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Aggies were victorious over the Cal State Fullerton Titans 87-81, while the Gauchos barely escaped the UC Irvine Anteaters 64-61.
The Gauchos knocked down 21 of their 25 free throws (84.0 percent) and held the Anteaters to an effective field goal percentage of 0.458 (below their season average of 0.518). Meanwhile, UC Davis’ 9.2 turnover percentage was their largest strength over Cal State Fullerton, who had a mark of 14.6. The Aggies’ mark was better than their season average of 17.2. UC Davis rallied around Caleb Fuller, who recorded 23 points. Meanwhile, Amadou Sow had a good outing for UC Santa Barbara, recording 21 points and 10 rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Aggies won the last matchup 61-57. UC Davis had a better effective field goal percentage (0.490 vs. 0.422). UC Santa Barbara, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (39.4 vs. 17.2). This will be the first meeting of the year between these two teams.
It might be a tough game for UC Davis on the offensive glass. The Aggies rank 307th in offensive rebounding percentage (23.7 percent), while UC Santa Barbara ranks 54th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.2 percent). Additionally, the Gauchos’ 17th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 111.9) will face off against the Aggies’ 263rd-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 103.3).
UC Santa Barbara Gauchos vs. UC Davis Aggies Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UC Santa Barbara, ATS Winner – UC Santa Barbara, O/U – Over
- UC Santa Barbara ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (28.9) while UC Davis ranks 113th (34.0).
- The Aggies rank 195th in three pointers attempted per game (20.6) while the Gauchos rank 243rd (18.6).
- UC Santa Barbara ranks 12th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while UC Davis ranks 50th (2.7).
- The Aggies rank 151st in steals per game (6.1) while the Gauchos rank 246th (4.6).
- UC Santa Barbara ranks 121st in assists per game (13.5) while UC Davis ranks 216th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- During their last five games, the Gauchos have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.2 points per game (0.4 below their season average).
- The Aggies have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. On the season, UC Davis has defeated opponents by an average of 1.1 points.