The UC Santa Barbara Gauchos (16-9, 5-5 BigWst) will be at Titan Gym to challenge the Cal State Fullerton Titans (10-16, 5-6 BigWst) in a BigWst matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
UC Santa Barbara Gauchos at Cal State Fullerton Titans Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Titans defeated the Cal Poly Mustangs, 105-101, while the Gauchos were beaten by the UC Davis Aggies, 84-75.
The Titans had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.569 (above their season average of 0.248) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.523 (above their season average of 0.486). UC Santa Barbara, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.7 vs. 16.5). Jackson Rowe had a solid game for Cal State Fullerton with 15 points and 17 rebounds. Meanwhile, Max Heidegger played well for UC Santa Barbara, finishing with 31 points.
The Titans held the advantage in this series last year, taking two out of three games. In the last game, Cal State Fullerton won 64-58. Cal State Fullerton had a better effective field goal percentage (0.491 vs. 0.441). UC Santa Barbara, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.255 vs. 0.204). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The Gauchos’ Amadou Sow has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 19 points,9.4 rebounds per game. Meanwhile, Rowe has averaged 20 points,7.4 rebounds,3.4 assists,2.0 steals,1.8 blocks during that same time frame for the Titans.
Second-chance points could be few and far between for Cal State Fullerton in this matchup. The Titans rank 330th in offensive rebounding percentage (22.1 percent), while UC Santa Barbara ranks 56th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.2 percent).
UC Santa Barbara Gauchos vs. Cal State Fullerton Titans Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Cal State Fullerton, ATS Winner – Cal State Fullerton, O/U – Over
- UC Santa Barbara ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (29.1) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 210th (36.4).
- The Gauchos rank 12th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Titans rank 79th (3.0).
- UC Santa Barbara ranks 240th in three pointers attempted per game (19.1) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 246th (18.8).
- The Gauchos rank 110th in assists per game (13.6) while the Titans rank 225th (11.5).
- UC Santa Barbara ranks sixth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 99th (6.2).
- The Titans’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.0, up from 2.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Gauchos have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (3.1 above their season average).