The UCLA Bruins (1-0) will be at home in Pauley Pavilion when they go head-to-head with the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos (1-0). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 10, 2019, and can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
UC Santa Barbara Gauchos at UCLA Bruins Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Bruins beat the Long Beach State Beach 69-65, while the Gauchos easily got past the Jackson State Tigers 83-62.
UC Santa Barbara dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.383 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.691. For those same stats, Jackson State put up marks of 0.197 and 0.410, respectively. The Bruins, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.415 vs. 0.154) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.8 vs. 20.0). UCLA rallied around Chris Smith, who finished with 13 points and eight rebounds. Amadou Sow played a key role for UC Santa Barbara with 20 points and nine rebounds.
This game should be a showdown of contrasting tempos. Dating back to last season, UCLA has preferred a fast-breaking style of play (28th in possessions per game), while UC Santa Barbara has been more half-court-oriented (329th in possessions per game). Additionally, the Gauchos rank 35th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.276), while the Bruins rank 49th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.193).
UC Santa Barbara Gauchos vs. UCLA Bruins Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UC Santa Barbara, ATS Winner – UC Santa Barbara, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- UC Santa Barbara ranks 38th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while UCLA ranks 293rd (16.5).
- The Gauchos rank fourth in steals allowed per game (4.4) while the Bruins rank 225th (6.9).
- UCLA averages 4.2 blocks per game, which is ranked 63rd in the NCAA. UC Santa Barbara ranks 85th in blocks allowed per game (2.9).
- The Gauchos rank 62nd in three pointers allowed per game (20.2) while the Bruins rank 307th (26.9).
- UC Santa Barbara ranks 13th in rebounds allowed per game (31.0) while UCLA ranks 244th (36.7).