The Pepperdine Waves (2-6) will be at home in Firestone Fieldhouse when they square off against the UC Riverside Highlanders (2-5). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 147 points with Pepperdine set as a 3-point favorite. Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
UC Riverside Highlanders vs. Pepperdine Waves Free Preview
In the Highlanders last contest, they lost to the Grand Canyon Antelopes, 68-56. UC Riverside’s Alex Larsson put together a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 12 points on 4-for-7 shooting. Grand Canyon had a turnover percentage of 9.2 (better than their season average of 20.6). UC Riverside, on the other hand, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (14-19; 73.7 percent).
The Waves are trying to rebound after their 91-81 loss to the Cal Poly Mustangs in their last outing. With 21 points and five rebounds, Pepperdine’s Kameron Edwards put together a good outing. Cal Poly held the Waves to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 36.8). Pepperdine, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (21-27; 77.8 percent).
When looking at effective field goal percentage, UC Riverside should have a noteworthy edge. Dating back to last season, the Highlanders defense ranks 92nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.484), while the Pepperdine offense ranks 223rd in effective field goal percentage (0.499).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. UC Riverside games have gone under 60.0 percent of the time, while 71.4 percent of games involving Pepperdine have gone over. The Highlanders come into this game with a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 2-5 SU and 2-3 ATS, while the Waves are 2-6 SU and 2-5 ATS.
UC Riverside Highlanders vs. Pepperdine Waves ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UC Riverside, ATS Winner – UC Riverside, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Waves average 15.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 326th in the nation. The Highlanders rank 256th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- UC Riverside ranks 194th in blocks per game (2.9) while Pepperdine ranks 239th (2.5).
- UC Riverside ranks 126th in steals per game (6.6) while Pepperdine ranks 282nd (4.9).
- The Waves rank 145th in assists per game (13.7) while the Highlanders rank 282nd (11.5).
- Pepperdine ranks 192nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.5) while UC Riverside ranks 271st (37.7).