The Oregon State Beavers, 18.5-point favorites, welcome the UC Riverside Highlanders to Gill Coliseum to kick off the new season. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 136 points and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
UC Riverside Highlanders at Oregon State Beavers ATS Odds
Oregon State was unable make the tournament following a 16-16 regular season last season. UC Riverside also was unable reach the tournament after a 9-22 regular season.
Last season, the Highlanders were 9-22 straight up (SU) and 9-16 against the spread (ATS). Of UC Riverside’s 25 games that accepted bets last season, 15 finished under the projected point total.
Meanwhile, the Beavers were 16-16 SU and 13-17 ATS last season. Converse to UC Riverside, games including Oregon State had a slight tendency to go over the O/U total (53.3 percent).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Oregon State. In the 2017-18 season, Oregon State ranked 252nd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.5 percent), while the disruptive defense of UC Riverside forced the 91st-most turnovers in the country (20.2 percent).
UC Riverside Highlanders at Oregon State Beavers Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Oregon State, ATS Winner – UC Riverside, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Oregon State ranks 42nd in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while UC Riverside ranks 290th (38.5).
- The Beavers rank 112th in blocks per game (3.6) while the Highlanders rank 136th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- UC Riverside ranks 253rd in three pointers attempted per game (19.3) while Oregon State ranks 277th (18.2).
- The Beavers rank 84th in assists per game (14.8) while the Highlanders rank 227th (12.5).
- Oregon State averages 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 99th in the country. UC Riverside ranks 201st in steals allowed per game (6.7).