The UC Riverside Highlanders (14-12, 4-6 BigWst) will be at The Walter Pyramid to meet the Long Beach State Beach (8-17, 3-6 BigWst) in a BigWst matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
UC Riverside Highlanders at Long Beach State Beach ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Beach edged the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, 50-49, while the Highlanders lost to the UC Irvine Anteaters, 63-59.
Long Beach State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 17.2 (better than their season average of 20.5) and a free throw rate of 0.157 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Hawaii put up marks of 21.4 and 0.130, respectively. UC Riverside, on the other hand, held UC Irvine to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 35.8). Long Beach State received a boost from Joshua Morgan, who put up 11 points and six rebounds. Dominick Pickett, meanwhile had a good game for UC Riverside, recording 17 points.
In their first matchup this year, Pickett led the Highlanders to a 77-69 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 20 points. The Highlanders’ 23.3 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Beach, who had a mark of 15.8.
It will be a showdown of conflicting paces as the up-and-down Beach will look to push the slower-paced Highlanders. The Beach currently rank 58th in possessions per game while the Highlanders are 337th.
UC Riverside Highlanders at Long Beach State Beach Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Long Beach State, ATS Winner – Long Beach State, O/U – Under
- UC Riverside ranks 25th in three pointers allowed per game (18.0) while Long Beach State ranks 264th (25.1).
- The Beach allow the 37th-fewest blocks per game (2.6) while the Highlanders rank 46th (2.7).
- UC Riverside averages 5.0 steals per game, which ranks 206th in the NCAA. Long Beach State ranks 212th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- The Highlanders rank eighth in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while the Beach rank 246th (37.7).
- UC Riverside ranks 40th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while Long Beach State ranks 247th (16.0).
- The Beach’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.4, down from 9.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 61.2 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.8 points per game (2.3 above their season average).