The UC Riverside Highlanders (5-7) will attempt to snap a five-game road losing streak when they take on the Utah Valley Wolverines (9-5) at UCCU Events Center. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017.
UC Riverside Highlanders at Utah Valley Wolverines Odds Preview
In the Highlanders last contest, they won big over the California Merced Bobcats, 91-46. With 14 points, five rebounds and five assists, Alex Larsson had a solid game for UC Riverside. UC Riverside dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.211 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 20.3). For those same stats, California Merced put up marks of 0.097 and 23.1, respectively.
The Wolverines will look to maintain momentum after beating the Sam Houston State Bearkats in their last contest, 75-64. With 21 points on 6-for-8 shooting, Akolda Manyang was the games leading scorer. The Wolverines held the Bearkats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.413 (below their season average of 0.472) and had a free throw rate of 0.269 (above their season average of 0.246).
Utah Valley should have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Wolverines currently rank 66th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.469), while UC Riverside is 326th in effective field goal percentage (0.457).
Brandon Randolph has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Utah Valley, averaging 10.4 points, 5.4 assists and 5.2 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Wolverines won the only game played against each other last season, 73-64. Utah Valley’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over UC Riverside. The Wolverines had a rate of 0.565 while the Highlanders posted a mark of 0.426.
UC Riverside Highlanders vs. Utah Valley Wolverines Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Utah Valley, ATS Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Over
- The Highlanders rank 99th in steals per game (6.8) while the Wolverines rank 162nd in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- Utah Valley ranks 192nd in three pointers attempted per game (20.4) while UC Riverside ranks 235th (17.3).
- Utah Valley ranks 12th in rebounds per game (41.6) while UC Riverside ranks 205th in rebounds allowed per game (40.1).
- The Wolverines average 16.2 assists per game, which ranks 54th in the nation. The Highlanders rank 136th in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- Utah Valley ranks 49th in blocks per game (4.6) while UC Riverside ranks 125th (3.6).
- The Wolverines average margin of victory in their last five games has been 18.4, up from 9.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 70.2 points per game (3.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 60.2 points per game (7.0 below their season average).