The UTEP Miners (7-1) will be in the Don Haskins Sun Bowl Invitational at Don Haskins Center when they take on the UC Irvine Anteaters (7-5). Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 17, 2019.
UC Irvine Anteaters vs. UTEP Miners ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Miners dismantled the North Carolina A&T Aggies 72-54, while the Anteaters beat the Kent State Golden Flashes 74-68.
The Anteaters forced 19 turnovers and held the Golden Flashes to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 32.5). Meanwhile, UTEP dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.319 (above their season average of 0.306) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.526). North Carolina A&T was 0.172 and 0.379, respectively, for those same stats. UTEP’s Souley Boum had a good outing, putting up 26 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, UC Irvine received a boost from Collin Welp, who put up 18 points and seven rebounds.
The offense of UTEP will battle against the stingy defense of UC Irvine. Dating back to last season, the Miners rank 311th in offensive efficiency, while the Anteaters are 76th in defensive efficiency. The Anteaters should have the advantage on that end of the court.
UC Irvine vs. UTEP ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – UTEP, ATS Winner – UTEP, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- UC Irvine ranks 30th in assists per game (13.8) while UTEP ranks 199th (11.5).
- The Anteaters rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Miners rank 75th (3.2).
- UC Irvine averages 6.0 steals per game, which ranks 97th in the nation. UTEP ranks 122nd in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Anteaters rank eighth in rebounds allowed per game (32.0) while the Miners rank 143rd (35.4).
- UTEP ranks 162nd in three pointers attempted per game (21.2) while UC Irvine ranks 241st (18.7).