The No. 23 UCLA Bruins (4-1) welcome the UC Irvine Anteaters (3-4) in a matchup that pits phenomenal offense against exceptional defense. UCLA opened as a 15.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 151.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
UC Irvine Anteaters vs. UCLA Bruins ATS Preview
The last time the Anteaters played, they beat the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, 77-71. Eyassu Worku led UC Irvine in scoring with 13 points on 4-for-8 shooting. The Anteaters had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.570 (above their season average of 0.493) and had a free throw rate of 0.400 (above their season average of 0.191).
The Bruins come in on a high note after just getting past the Wisconsin Badgers in their last matchup, 72-70. With 18 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Aaron Holiday led UCLA in scoring. The Bruins held the Badgers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.8 (below their season average of 25.4) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.630 (above their season average of 0.532).
This matchup pits one of the NCAAs top offenses against one of its elite defenses as UCLA ranks first in offensive efficiency and UC Irvine is 58th in defensive efficiency dating back to the 2016-17 season. Also, the Anteaters rank 315th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.205), while the Bruins rank ninth in opponents FTA rate (0.176).
Games featuring these teams have typically gone over the projected point total. UC Irvine games have gone over 66.7 percent of the time, while UCLA games have finished over 60.0 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bruins have a clear advantage. They are 4-1 SU and 1-4 ATS, while the Anteaters are 3-4 SU and 1-5 ATS.
UC Irvine Anteaters at UCLA Bruins Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UCLA, ATS Winner – UC Irvine, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bruins rank 163rd in steals per game (6.1) while the Anteaters rank 253rd (5.1).
- Both of these teams are great at blocking the ball. UCLA is 12th in the NCAA with 5.3 blocks per game while UC Irvine is 52nd with 4.5 blocks per game.
- UC Irvine ranks 73rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while UCLA ranks 276th (23.7).
- The Bruins rank first in assists per game (20.8) while the Anteaters rank 197th (13.0).
- UC Irvine ranks 15th in rebounds per game (39.9) while UCLA ranks 156th in rebounds allowed per game (34.8).