The San Diego Toreros welcome the UC Irvine Anteaters to Jenny Craig Pavilion to begin the new season. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
UC Irvine Anteaters at San Diego Toreros Betting Odds
After a 25-4 regular season campaign, UC Irvine made the tournament as a 13 seed in the tournament last season. They made it to the Second Round, where the Oregon Ducks defeated them. San Diego, meanwhile, did not make the tournament following a 17-12 regular season campaign.
The offense of San Diego will clash against the top-notch defense of UC Irvine. In the 2018-19 season, the Toreros ranked 155th in offensive efficiency, while the Anteaters were 24th in defensive efficiency. The Anteaters should have the edge on that side of the ball. Furthermore, the Anteaters were among the NCAA’s best on the offensive backboards, ranking 31st in offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 percent). The Toreros, however, ranked third in defensive rebounding percentage (78.2 percent).
UC Irvine vs. San Diego ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – San Diego, ATS Winner – San Diego, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- UC Irvine ranks 13th in rebounds per game (39.9) while San Diego ranks 208th (34.4).
- The Anteaters average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 63rd in the nation. The Toreros rank 125th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- UC Irvine ranks third in assists allowed per game (9.6) while San Diego ranks 23rd (10.6).
- The Anteaters rank 41st in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Toreros rank 181st (6.6).
- San Diego ranks 163rd in three pointers attempted per game (22.4) while UC Irvine ranks 289th (18.9).