The Idaho Vandals (8-3) and the UC Irvine Anteaters (4-10) clash at CenturyLink Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 136.5 points with Idaho set as a 7.5-point favorite. Action starts at 9:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 21, 2017.
UC Irvine Anteaters vs. Idaho Vandals Free Preview
The last time the Anteaters played, they got blown out by the Montana Grizzlies, 86-68. UC Irvine’s Max Hazzard had a good game, contributing 10 points. Montana had a turnover percentage of 13.3 (better than their season average of 16.9). UC Irvine, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (20-27; 74.1 percent).
The Vandals will look to maintain momentum after blowing out the Western Michigan Broncos in their last contest, 82-52. Idaho’s Jordan Scott played a pivotal role with 10 points and 13 rebounds. Idaho dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.161 (below their season average of 0.301) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.652 (above their season average of 0.522). For those same stats, Western Michigan had marks of 0.066 and 0.393, respectively.
The aggressive Idaho offense could be living from the charity stripe in this contest. The Vandals rank 45th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.288, while UC Irvine ranks 314th in FTA rate allowed (0.299). Furthermore, the Anteaters rank 37th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.7 percent), while the Vandals rank 17th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.7 percent).Of UC Irvine’s 11 games with betting action, six have finished over the O/U total, while 3 of Idaho’s 6 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Vandals have a significant advantage. They are 8-3 SU and 4-2 ATS, while the Anteaters are 4-10 SU and 3-7-1 ATS.
Brayon Blake has been on fire over the last five games for Idaho, averaging 18.2 points and 9.6 rebounds per game.
UC Irvine Anteaters vs. Idaho Vandals Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Idaho, ATS Winner – UC Irvine, O/U – Under
- The Vandals rank 187th in three pointers attempted per game (20.7) while the Anteaters rank 227th (18.8).
- UC Irvine ranks 37th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Idaho ranks 75th (6.0).
- Idaho ranks 34th in rebounds allowed per game (31.5) while UC Irvine ranks 137th (35.0).
- The Vandals average 15.5 assists per game, which ranks 71st in the nation. The Anteaters rank 155th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- UC Irvine ranks 44th in blocks per game (4.9) while Idaho ranks 124th (3.2).
- The Vandals average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.2, up from 10.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Anteaters have scored an average of 63.4 points per game (8.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.0 points per game (0.2 below their season average).