The UC Irvine Anteaters (15-5, 3-1 BigWst) will be at the Stan Sheriff Center to square off with the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (11-6, 2-1 BigWst) in a BigWst matchup. The game begins at 12 a.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
UC Irvine Anteaters at Hawaii Rainbow Warriors ATS Odds
In their last game, the Rainbow Warriors fell to the UC Riverside Highlanders, 75-71, while the Anteaters defeated the CSUN Matadors, 74-68.
The Anteaters had a much better free throw rate (0.224 vs. 0.050) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 56.5 (above their season average of 32.3). Hawaii, on the other hand, held UC Riverside to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 (below their season average of 26.5). Jack Purchase had a good game for Hawaii, contributing 24 points. Eyassu Worku fueled UC Irvine with 17 points.
The Anteaters captured this series last year, winning two out of three contests. In the last contest, UC Irvine won 68-67. UC Irvine did an excellent job of making free throws (17-20; 85.0 percent). Hawaii, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (14.6 vs. 18.7). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams face off. Hawaii currently ranks 289th in possessions per game (67.4) and UC Irvine is 293rd (67.3).
UC Irvine vs. Hawaii Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Hawaii, O/U – Under
- UC Irvine ranks 22nd in rebounds per game (40.4) while Hawaii ranks 208th (34.3).
- The Anteaters allow the 12th-fewest assists per game (9.9) while the Rainbow Warriors rank 57th (11.6).
- UC Irvine is 41st in the nation with 5.5 steals allowed per game while Hawaii is 51st with 5.6 steals allowed per game.
- The Rainbow Warriors rank 73rd in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while the Anteaters rank 245th (19.4).
- UC Irvine ranks 49th in blocks per game (4.3) while Hawaii ranks 174th (2.0).
- The Anteaters’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.2, down from 5.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rainbow Warriors have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (0.6 above their season average).