The UC Irvine Anteaters (15-15, 10-4 BigWst) will travel to Stan Sheriff Center to meet the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (16-10, 7-6 BigWst) in their home finale. UC Irvine opened as a 1.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 131 points. Tip-off is set for 12 a.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
UC Irvine Anteaters at Hawaii Rainbow Warriors ATS Preview
The last time the Anteaters played, they dismantled the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos, 69-49. Max Hazzard was UC Irvine’s high scorer with 16 points on 6-for-11 shooting. UC Irvine dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 41.0 (above their season average of 34.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.477 (below their season average of 0.496). UC Santa Barbara was 26.2 and 0.351, respectively, for those same stats.
The Rainbow Warriors come in on a high note after topping the Long Beach State 49ers in their last outing, 74-63. Hawaii received a boost from Zigmars Raimo, who was the teams leading scorer with 17 points on 6-for-7 shooting. The Rainbow Warriors, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.9, had an absurd mark of 44.8 and held the 49ers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.425 (below their season average of 0.507).
The physical Hawaii offense could be living from the free throw line in this meeting. The Rainbow Warriors rank 37th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.286, while UC Irvine ranks 304th in FTA rate allowed (0.283). Furthermore, the Anteaters are among the nations best on the offensive backboards, ranking 26th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.7 percent). The Rainbow Warriors, meanwhile, rank 41st in defensive rebounding percentage (75.1 percent).
Of UC Irvine’s 27 games that accepted bets, 18 have finished under the projected point total, while 12 of Hawaii’s 22 games have finished over the O/U total. The Rainbow Warriors have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (16-10 vs. 15-15), but both teams are right around the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 123 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 135. The Rainbow Warriors won 62-61, covering as 7-point underdogs. The Rainbow Warriors dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.0 and a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.370. For those same stats, the Anteaters had marks of 15.4 and 0.269, respectively. Despite the loss, Tommy Rutherford was the games leading scorer with 13 points.
UC Irvine Anteaters at Hawaii Rainbow Warriors Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – UC Irvine, ATS Winner – UC Irvine, O/U – Under
- The Anteaters rank 38th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Rainbow Warriors rank 68th (3.0).
- Hawaii is ninth in the nation with 10.0 assists allowed per game while UC Irvine is 32nd with 11.2 assists allowed per game.
- UC Irvine is 9-9 ATS on the road with 12 unders and 6 overs.
- Hawaii is 7-9 ATS at home with 8 overs and 7 unders.
- UC Irvine ranks third in rebounds per game (41.5) while Hawaii ranks 238th (33.4).
- The Anteaters rank 38th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Rainbow Warriors rank 144th (6.6).
- Hawaii ranks 204th in three pointers attempted per game (20.5) while UC Irvine ranks 251st (18.8).
- Hawaii is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UC Irvine is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Rainbow Warriors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.4, down from 1.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Anteaters have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 55.4 points per game (11.5 below their season average).