The Cal Poly Mustangs (7-20, 4-9 BigWst) wrap up their home schedule at Robert A. Mott Gym against the UC Irvine Anteaters (19-10, 11-2 BigWst). The game starts at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020, and will air on ESPNU.
UC Irvine Anteaters at Cal Poly Mustangs Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Mustangs fell to the UC Riverside Highlanders, 61-49, while the Anteaters won big over the CSUN Matadors, 87-64.
UC Irvine played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.6 (below their season average of 35.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.662 (above their season average of 0.516). CSUN was 13.9 and 0.458, respectively, for those same stats. Cal Poly, meanwhile, held UC Riverside to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.3 (below their season average of 28.3). Cal Poly was led by Colby Rogers, who put up 17 points and five rebounds. Brad Greene, meanwhile led the way for UC Irvine, finishing with 13 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Greene led the Anteaters to a 74-67 win. He put up 12 points and eight rebounds. UC Irvine’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Cal Poly. The Anteaters had a rate of 0.508 while the Mustangs posted a mark of 0.381.
Cal Poly might struggle to score as they battle against one of the nation’s best defenses. UC Irvine ranks 49th in defensive efficiency, while the Mustangs rank 319th in offensive efficiency.
UC Irvine Anteaters at Cal Poly Mustangs Betting Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UC Irvine, ATS Winner – UC Irvine, O/U – Under
- UC Irvine ranks 20th in rebounds per game (39.9) while Cal Poly ranks 263rd (32.7).
- The Mustangs rank 248th in three pointers attempted per game (19.0) while the Anteaters rank 289th (17.4).
- UC Irvine ranks 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Cal Poly ranks 69th (2.9).
- The Anteaters rank 50th in assists per game (14.7) while the Mustangs rank 262nd (10.3).
- UC Irvine ranks 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Cal Poly ranks 127th (6.4).
- During their last five games, the Anteaters have scored an average of 70.2 points per game (3.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.0 points per game (3.9 below their season average).
- The Mustangs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.0, down from 7.6 for the season.