The UC Irvine Anteaters (11-8, 3-0 BigWst) will be at The Walter Pyramid to go head-to-head with the Long Beach State Beach (6-14, 1-3 BigWst) in a BigWst matchup. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
UC Irvine Anteaters at Long Beach State Beach Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Beach lost to the Cal State Fullerton Titans, 66-62, while the Anteaters defeated the UC Riverside Highlanders, 69-53.
UC Irvine couldn’t miss, shooting 57.1 percent from the field. UC Riverside, meanwhile, had a field goal percentage of just 28.3. Long Beach State, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (20-26; 76.9 percent). Long Beach State was led by Colin Slater, who finished with 19 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Brad Greene had a good game for UC Irvine, putting up 11 points.
The Anteaters edged out the Beach in this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the last contest, UC Irvine won 75-67. Making free throws was one of UC Irvine’s largest strengths. They were 17-20 (85.0 percent), while the Beach were 12-16 (75.0 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The offense of Long Beach State (325th in the country with an offensive efficiency of 93.7) will go head-to-head against the elite defense of UC Irvine (72nd in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 93.7). The Anteaters figure to have the edge on that side of the ball. Moreover, the Anteaters, who rank 34th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.6 percent), will go head-to-head against the Beach, who rank 322nd in defensive rebounding percentage (67.3 percent).
UC Irvine Anteaters at Long Beach State Beach Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – UC Irvine, ATS Winner – UC Irvine, O/U – Over
- UC Irvine ranks 19th in rebounds per game (40.8) while Long Beach State ranks 227th in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- The Anteaters rank 144th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9) while the Beach rank 241st (25.4).
- UC Irvine ranks 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Long Beach State ranks 63rd (2.9).
- The Anteaters rank 37th in assists allowed per game (10.6) while the Beach rank 244th (16.4).
- UC Irvine ranks 47th in steals allowed per game (5.6) while Long Beach State ranks 201st (8.9).
- The Anteaters’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Beach have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (6.0 below their season average).