The UC Irvine Anteaters (18-10, 10-2 BigWst) will be at the Matadome to take on the CSUN Matadors (11-16, 6-5 BigWst) in a BigWst matchup. The game begins at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
UC Irvine Anteaters vs. CSUN Matadors ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Matadors were beaten by the UC Davis Aggies, 110-98, while the Anteaters defeated the Long Beach State Beach, 70-55.
UC Irvine dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 17.5) and a free throw rate of 0.224 (above their season average of 0.223). For those same stats, Long Beach State was 14.5 and 0.169, respectively. CSUN, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.6 vs. 14.6). Lamine Diane had a good game for CSUN, contributing 30 points and six assists. Tommy Rutherford, meanwhile fueled UC Irvine with 16 points and nine rebounds.
The Anteaters dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, UC Irvine won 86-74. UC Irvine’s 0.521 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over CSUN, who had a mark of 0.428. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
CSUN could put on a ball-control clinic in this matchup. CSUN ranks 27th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.3 percent), while UC Irvine forces the 56th-fewest turnovers (17.4 percent). Moreover, the Anteaters rank 16th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.4 percent), while the Matadors rank 302nd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.1 percent).
UC Irvine vs. CSUN Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UC Irvine, ATS Winner – UC Irvine, O/U – Under
- UC Irvine ranks 19th in rebounds per game (39.9) while CSUN ranks 250th (33.0).
- The Anteaters rank 30th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Matadors rank 88th (3.1).
- CSUN allows the 19th-fewest steals per game (5.0) while UC Irvine ranks 44th (5.5).
- The Anteaters rank 29th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while the Matadors rank 246th (15.2).
- UC Irvine ranks 96th in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while CSUN ranks 264th (25.4).
- During their last five games, the Anteaters have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.6 points per game (2.3 below their season average).
- The Matadors have outscored opponents by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. On the season, CSUN has lost by an average of 3.4 points.