The UC Irvine Anteaters (9-8, 1-0 BigWst) will be at Titan Gym to go head-to-head with the Cal State Fullerton Titans (5-12, 0-2 BigWst) in a BigWst matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
UC Irvine Anteaters at Cal State Fullerton Titans Betting Odds
In their last game, the Titans lost to the UC Riverside Highlanders, 65-59, while the Anteaters defeated the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, 74-60.
UC Irvine played a flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 39.0 (above their season average of 35.0) and a turnover percentage of 7.5 (better than their season average of 18.4). Hawaii put up marks of 21.4 and 10.8, respectively, for those same stats. Cal State Fullerton, on the other hand, held UC Riverside to an effective field goal percentage of 0.409 (below their season average of 0.516). Cal State Fullerton was led by Jackson Rowe, who had 14 points and 11 rebounds. Brad Greene, meanwhile played a pivotal role for UC Irvine with 13 points and 21 rebounds.
The Anteaters dominated this series last year, winning all three games. In the most recent game, UC Irvine won 92-64. UC Irvine launched 14 three pointers, making 10 of them (71.4 percent), while Cal State Fullerton was 5-21 (23.8 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Second-chance points could be few and far between for Cal State Fullerton in this battle. The Titans rank 342nd in offensive rebounding percentage (20.1 percent), while UC Irvine ranks 36th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.3 percent). Also, the Anteaters’ 38th-ranked defense (opponents’ effective field goal percentage of 0.446) will go head-to-head against the Titans’ 271st-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.480).
UC Irvine Anteaters vs. Cal State Fullerton Titans Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UC Irvine, ATS Winner – UC Irvine, O/U – Under
- UC Irvine ranks 18th in rebounds per game (41.1) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 229th (33.1).
- The Titans are 19th in the NCAA with 2.4 blocks allowed per game while the Anteaters are 47th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- UC Irvine ranks 49th in steals allowed per game (5.7) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 72nd (6.1).
- The Anteaters rank 67th in assists per game (14.7) while the Titans rank 226th (10.9).
- Cal State Fullerton ranks 33rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.2) while UC Irvine ranks 169th (22.6).
- During their last five games, the Anteaters have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (5.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (0.5 above their season average).
- The Titans have outscored opponents by an average of 8.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Cal State Fullerton has been defeated by an average of 2.5 points.