A five-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Nevada Wolf Pack (9-2) when they welcome the UC Davis Aggies (7-3) to Lawlor Events Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 137.5 points with Nevada opening as a 16-point favorite. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
UC Davis Aggies vs. Nevada Wolf Pack Betting Preview
In the Aggies last contest, they fell to the San Francisco Dons, 74-61. UC Davis Chima Moneke recorded 13 points and 11 rebounds in the contest. San Francisco had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.9 (above their season average of 31.6). UC Davis, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.364 (above their season average of 0.307).
The Wolf Pack will look to keep it rolling after topping the Radford Highlanders in their last game, 77-62. With 25 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Jordan Caroline was the top scorer from either team. Nevada dominated every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.299) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.7 (above their season average of 26.5). Radford was 0.186 and 17.1, respectively, for those same stats.
This matchup pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Nevada ranks 35th in offensive efficiency and UC Davis ranks 51st in defensive efficiency.
Of UC Davis 8 games with betting action, four have finished over the projected point total, while 7 of Nevada’s 10 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Wolf Pack have a sizable advantage. They are 9-2 SU and 7-2-1 ATS, while the Aggies are 7-3 SU and 5-1-2 ATS.
UC Davis Aggies at Nevada Wolf Pack ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nevada, ATS Winner – UC Davis, O/U – Under
- The Wolf Pack rank 26th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Aggies rank 166th (7.7).
- Nevada ranks 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while UC Davis ranks 101st (3.5).
- Nevada ranks 23rd in assists per game (17.5) while UC Davis ranks 228th (11.0).
- The Wolf Pack rank 101st in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while the Aggies rank 265th (14.6).
- Nevada ranks 88th in rebounds per game (37.5) while UC Davis ranks 246th (31.6).
- The Wolf Packs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.2, down from 13.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 62.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average).