The UC Davis Aggies (2-0) will travel to UCCU Events Center to clash against the Utah Valley Wolverines (1-2) in their home opener. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
UC Davis Aggies at Utah Valley Wolverines Betting Preview
In the Aggies last outing, they defeated the Pacific Tigers, 62-58. Chima Moneke was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 8-for-17 shooting. The Aggies had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.585 vs. 0.440) and had a better free throw rate (0.341 vs. 0.280).
The Wolverines will look to keep it rolling after topping the Idaho State Bengals in their last game, 84-71. Utah Valley was lifted by Jake Toolson, who led the team in scoring with 27 points on 12-for-15 shooting. Utah Valley dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.7 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.577. For those same stats, Idaho State had marks of 10.0 and 0.534, respectively.
The offense of Utah Valley will square off against the stingy defense of UC Davis. Since last season, the Wolverines rank 264th in offensive efficiency, while the Aggies are 70th in defensive efficiency. The Aggies should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
The Aggies won the lone contest against the Wolverines last season, 83-69. The Aggies played a nearly flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.258 and a turnover percentage of 12.2. For those same stats, the Wolverines were 0.169 and 17.6, respectively.
UC Davis Aggies at Utah Valley Wolverines Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Utah Valley, ATS Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wolverines rank 59th in assists per game (15.3) while the Aggies rank 138th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- Utah Valley ranks 121st in blocks per game (3.6) while UC Davis ranks 160th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Utah Valley ranks 12th in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while UC Davis ranks 298th (17.3).
- The Wolverines rank 21st in rebounds per game (39.6) while the Aggies rank 204th (35.1).
- Utah Valley ranks 143rd in steals per game (6.4) while UC Davis ranks 241st in steals allowed per game (7.1).