The UC Davis Aggies (13-15, 7-5 BigWst) will be at the Thunderdome to go head-to-head against the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos (17-9, 6-5 BigWst) in a BigWst matchup. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
UC Davis Aggies vs. UC Santa Barbara Gauchos Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Gauchos defeated the Cal State Fullerton Titans 75-66, while the Aggies beat the Cal Poly Mustangs 77-62.
UC Davis dominated every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.619 (above their season average of 0.249) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.8 (below their season average of 24.0). Cal Poly was 0.356 and 13.8, respectively, for those same stats. UC Santa Barbara, on the other hand, dominated every stat category in their game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.298 (above their season average of 0.277) and a turnover percentage of 8.2 (better than their season average of 16.1). For those same stats, Cal State Fullerton put up marks of 0.082 and 13.4, respectively. UC Santa Barbara’s Max Heidegger had a solid performance, putting up 27 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, UC Davis was lifted by Stefan Gonzalez, who had 18 points.
In their first matchup this year, Damion Squire led the Aggies to an 84-75 victory. He put up 15 points and six rebounds. Converting at the free throw line was one of UC Davis’ largest strengths. They were 21-24 (87.5 percent), while the Gauchos were just 7-16 (43.8 percent).
The productive offense of UC Santa Barbara (13th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 112.3) will clash against the bottom-tier defense of UC Davis (286th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 104.5). The Gauchos figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
UC Davis at UC Santa Barbara ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UC Santa Barbara, ATS Winner – UC Santa Barbara, O/U – Under
- UC Santa Barbara ranks 81st in assists allowed per game (11.6) while UC Davis ranks 228th (14.5).
- The Gauchos rank 211th in rebounds per game (34.2) while the Aggies rank 288th (30.9).
- UC Santa Barbara is 13th in the country with 2.3 blocks allowed per game while UC Davis is 34th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- The Gauchos rank sixth in steals allowed per game (4.5) while the Aggies rank 98th (6.1).
- UC Santa Barbara ranks 45th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while UC Davis ranks 129th (21.2).
- During their last five games, the Gauchos have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.8 points per game (0.5 above their season average).
- The Aggies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, up from 2.3 for the season.