The UAPB Golden Lions (3-21, 2-10 SWAC) travel to David L. Whitney Gymnasium to go head-to-head against the Alcorn State Braves (11-12, 7-5 SWAC). The Golden Lions look to put an end to their nine-game losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2020.
UAPB Golden Lions vs. Alcorn State Braves Betting Odds
In their last game, the Braves beat the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils, 92-88, while the Golden Lions got blown out by the Southern University Jaguars, 73-49.
The Braves made 20 of their 23 free throws (87.0 percent) and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (26.2 vs. 23.5). UAPB, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.289 (above their season average of 0.210). Troymain Crosby played well for Alcorn State with 22 points, 13 rebounds and five assists. Zavian Jackson, meanwhile led the way for UAPB, putting up 14 points.
In their first matchup this year, Deshaw Andrews led the Braves to an 82-54 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 30 points. Alcorn State made good use of their 27 trips to the free throw line, making 22 of them (81.5 percent). UAPB, on the other hand, was just 14-23 (60.9 percent).
Conflicting styles will be on display in this showdown. Alcorn State prefers an up-and-down style of play (34th in possessions per game), while UAPB is slower-paced (330th in possessions per game).
UAPB Golden Lions at Alcorn State Braves Odds Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Alcorn State, ATS Winner – Alcorn State, O/U – Over
- Alcorn State ranks 59th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while UAPB ranks 303rd (13.4).
- The Braves rank 94th in assists per game (13.9) while the Golden Lions rank 268th (9.0).
- UAPB ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Alcorn State ranks 77th (3.0).
- The Braves rank 51st in rebounds per game (38.5) while the Golden Lions rank 289th (30.5).
- Alcorn State averages 8.2 steals per game, which ranks 31st in the NCAA. UAPB ranks 221st in steals allowed per game (9.2).
- During their last five games, the Golden Lions have scored an average of 48.8 points per game (3.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 57.2 points per game (11.1 below their season average).
- The Braves have been outscored by an average of 8.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Alcorn State has defeated opponents by an average of 2.5 points.