The UAPB Golden Lions (2-12, 1-1 SWAC) will be at the Dunn-Oliver Acadome to clash with the Alabama State Hornets (2-14, 1-2 SWAC) in a SWAC matchup. Action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, January 13, 2020.
UAPB Golden Lions vs. Alabama State Hornets ATS Odds
In their last game, the Hornets beat the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils, 81-75, while the Golden Lions fell to the Alabama A&M Bulldogs, 59-49.
Alabama State’s effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Mississippi Valley State. The Hornets had a rate of 0.549 (above their season average of 0.431), while the Delta Devils posted a mark of 0.401 (below the 0.569 mark opponents have averaged against Alabama State this season). UAPB, meanwhile, held Alabama A&M to an effective field goal percentage of 0.375 (below their season average of 0.428). Leon Daniels played a key role for Alabama State with 20 points and eight rebounds. Markedric Bell, meanwhile had a good outing for UAPB, putting up 10 points and nine rebounds.
The Golden Lions dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the most recent game, UAPB won 75-69. UAPB had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.643 vs. 0.421). Alabama State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (43.2 vs. 25.0). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
UAPB Golden Lions at Alabama State Hornets ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Alabama State, ATS Winner – Alabama State, O/U – Over
- UAPB ranks 92nd in rebounds allowed per game (33.8) while Alabama State ranks 228th (38.0).
- The Golden Lions average 7.9 steals per game, which ranks 60th in the nation. The Hornets rank 135th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Alabama State ranks 251st in assists per game (9.5) while UAPB ranks 255th (8.8).
- The Hornets rank 195th in three pointers attempted per game (20.5) while the Golden Lions rank 300th (13.1).
- UAPB ranks 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Alabama State ranks 129th (4.1).
- The Golden Lions’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.8, down from 19.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (8.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.2 points per game (0.6 above their season average).