The UAPB Golden Lions (0-4) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first win when they square off against the Air Force Falcons (2-0) at Clune Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017.
UAPB Golden Lions vs. Air Force Falcons Odds Preview
The Golden Lions were blown out by the SMU Mustangs in their last contest, 72-37. Martaveous McKnight put together a solid game for UAPB, leading both teams in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-15 shooting. SMU out-rebounded UAPB. The Mustangs had 10 offensive rebounds and 43 total rebounds, while the Golden Lions had four and 21, respectively.
In the Falcons last matchup, they defeated the Canisius Golden Griffins, 93-79. Air Force was lifted by Lavelle Scottie, who was the teams high scorer with 18 points on 4-for-12 shooting. Air Force dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.760 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.550. Canisius had marks of 0.222 and 0.516, respectively, for those same stats.
The physical Air Force offense looks poised to dominate from the free throw line. Since the 2016-17 season, the Falcons rank 61st in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.281, while UAPB has been among the nations most foul-prone squads (giving up a 350th-ranked FTA rate of 0.398).
UAPB Golden Lions at Air Force Falcons Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Air Force, ATS Winner – Air Force, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Lions rank 183rd in blocks per game (3.0) while the Falcons rank 285th (1.8).
- Air Force ranks 222nd in rebounds per game (34.7) while UAPB ranks 300th (31.2).
- Air Force ranks 79th in assists per game (15.0) while UAPB ranks 320th (10.3).
- The Golden Lions rank 124th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while the Falcons rank 311th (26.5).
- Air Force ranks 121st in steals allowed per game (5.9) while UAPB ranks 277th (9.5).