The UAPB Golden Lions (3-20, 2-9 SWAC) and the Southern University Jaguars (9-15, 6-5 SWAC) square off at F.G. Clark Center. The Golden Lions will attempt to put an end to their eight-game losing streak. The game starts at 6:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
UAPB Golden Lions vs. Southern University Jaguars ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Jaguars fell to the Jackson State Tigers, 67-51, while the Golden Lions were defeated by the Alabama State Hornets, 57-49.
UAPB forced Alabama State into a turnover percentage of 28.4 (above their season average of 19.5) while Southern University held Jackson State to an effective field goal percentage of 0.441 (below the 0.512 mark opponents have averaged against Southern University this season). Southern University was lifted by Damiree Burns, who had 13 points. Dequan Morris was a key piece for UAPB with 13 points.
In their first matchup this season, Amel Kuljuhovic led the Jaguars to a 75-56 win. He put up eight points and 13 rebounds. Getting to the free throw line was one of Southern University’s largest advantages. They had 33 free throw attempts, while UAPB had 24.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Southern University. Southern University ranks 256th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.2 percent), while the disruptive defense of UAPB forces the 58th-most turnovers in the country (21.9 percent).
UAPB Golden Lions vs. Southern University Jaguars Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Southern University, ATS Winner – Southern University, O/U – Under
- Southern University ranks 147th in assists per game (13.0) while UAPB ranks 263rd (9.2).
- The Jaguars rank 207th in rebounds per game (33.9) while the Golden Lions rank 279th (30.7).
- Southern University ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (17.3) while UAPB ranks 59th (19.4).
- The Golden Lions rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Jaguars rank 115th (3.4).
- Southern University averages 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 136th in the NCAA. UAPB ranks 218th in steals allowed per game (9.2).
- During their last five games, the Golden Lions have scored an average of 50.4 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 56.2 points per game (11.8 below their season average).
- The Jaguars have outscored opponents by an average of 4.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Southern University has been defeated by an average of 2.4 points.