Don’t expect a fast-paced game when the UAB Blazers (12-7, 4-2 CUSA) head to North Texas to take on the Mean Green (17-2, 5-1 CUSA). Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019, and can be seen on beIN Sports.
UAB Blazers vs. North Texas Mean Green ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Mean Green won a close one over the Rice Owls 76-75, while the Blazers beat the UTSA Roadrunners 83-73.
The Blazers made 17 of their 23 free throws (73.9 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.589 (above their season average of 0.516). The Mean Green, meanwhile, forced 18 turnovers and had a free throw rate of 0.491 (above their season average of 0.212). North Texas received a boost from Ryan Woolridge, who had 14 points, eight rebounds and five steals. Lewis Sullivan had a solid performance for UAB, putting up 16 points and eight rebounds.
The Mean Green won the lone game between these two teams last year, 67-60. North Texas had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.549 vs. 0.389). UAB, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.3 vs. 19.4). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. North Texas ranks 296th in possessions per game (67.3) and UAB is 308th (66.7).
UAB Blazers vs. North Texas Mean Green Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – North Texas, ATS Winner – UAB, O/U – Under
- North Texas ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while UAB ranks 199th (24.0).
- The Blazers are 27th in the country with 31.4 rebounds allowed per game while the Mean Green are 32nd with 31.7 rebounds allowed per game.
- North Texas ranks 79th in steals per game (6.9) while UAB ranks 81st in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- The Blazers rank 48th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Mean Green rank 109th (3.6).
- North Texas ranks ninth in assists allowed per game (9.8) while UAB ranks 68th (11.9).
- The Mean Green’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 13.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Blazers have scored an average of 72.8 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (1.0 above their season average).