The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (6-20, 2-11 CUSA) welcome the UAB Blazers (15-11, 6-7 CUSA) to Murphy Athletic Center as the regular season comes to a conclusion. Action begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
UAB Blazers at Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders Betting Odds
In their first matchup this year, Lovan led the Blazers to an 83-72 victory. He recorded 25 points. Getting to the charity stripe was one of UAB’s largest strengths. They made 31 trips to the line, while Middle Tennessee went just eight times.
This contest should be a showdown of contrasting tempos. Middle Tennessee has preferred to play fast (82nd in possessions per game), while UAB has been more half-court-oriented (325th in possessions per game).
UAB vs. Middle Tennessee Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – UAB, ATS Winner – UAB, O/U – Under
- Middle Tennessee ranks 70th in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while UAB ranks 285th (16.0).
- The Blue Raiders rank 100th in steals per game (6.7) while the Blazers rank 155th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Blazers rank 11th in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while the Blue Raiders rank 210th (36.6).
- UAB ranks 40th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while Middle Tennessee ranks 187th (13.8).
- During their last five games, the Blue Raiders have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (2.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.2 points per game (2.2 above their season average).
- The Blazers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, up from 1.7 for the season.