The UAB Blazers (16-11, 7-7 CUSA) will be at FAU Arena to meet the Florida Atlantic Owls (14-13, 6-8 CUSA) in a CUSA matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
UAB Blazers vs. Florida Atlantic Owls ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Owls were beaten by the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, 81-68, while the Blazers defeated the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, 79-66.
UAB dominated every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.451 (above their season average of 0.234) and a turnover percentage of 17.8 (better than their season average of 19.4). For those same stats, Middle Tennessee was 0.235 and 24.5, respectively. Florida Atlantic, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (19-23; 82.6 percent). Florida Atlantic was lifted by Jailyn Ingram, who finished with 14 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Tavin Lovan led the way for UAB, putting up 22 points, six rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Lovan led the Blazers to a 68-65 win. He recorded 17 points. UAB’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Florida Atlantic. The Blazers had a rate of 0.509 while the Owls posted a mark of 0.436.
Florida Atlantic could have trouble getting to the free throw line in this matchup. The Owls rank 305th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.192, while UAB ranks 73rd in FTA rate allowed (0.192).
UAB Blazers at Florida Atlantic Owls Betting Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – UAB, ATS Winner – UAB, O/U – Over
- Florida Atlantic ranks 52nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while UAB ranks 295th (15.9).
- The Owls average 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 73rd in the NCAA. The Blazers rank 163rd in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Florida Atlantic ranks 211th in assists per game (11.9) while UAB ranks 260th (10.5).
- The Blazers rank ninth in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while the Owls rank 149th (35.0).
- Florida Atlantic ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while UAB ranks 106th (3.3).
- During their last five games, the Blazers have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (6.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (5.4 above their season average).
- The Owls have been outscored by an average of 4.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Florida Atlantic has defeated opponents by an average of 1.6 points.