The UAB Blazers (17-11, 8-7 CUSA) will try to snap the nine-game winning streak of Middle Tennessee when they head to Murphy Athletic Center to take on the No. 24 Blue Raiders (22-5, 14-1 CUSA). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
UAB Blazers vs. Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders Odds Preview
In the Blazers last game, they won big over the Southern Miss Golden Eagles, 87-69. William Lee was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 7-for-9 shooting. UAB dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.375 (above their season average of 0.217) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.719 (above their season average of 0.538). Southern Miss was 0.153 and 0.508, respectively, for those same stats.
The Blue Raiders will look to keep it rolling after topping the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs in their last game, 87-70. Middle Tennessee received a boost from Nick King, who was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 10-for-17 shooting. The Blue Raiders had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 56.3 (above their season average of 31.5) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.569 (above their season average of 0.522).
Points could be at a premium as a pair of the nations top defenses go head-to-head. Middle Tennessee currently ranks 29th in defensive efficiency (97.4) and UAB is 59th (98.6).
Antwain Johnson has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Middle Tennessee, averaging 16.2 points, 3.6 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Blue Raiders won 63-60. Middle Tennessee launched 19 three pointers, making eight of them (42.1 percent), while UAB was 6-21 (28.6 percent). King scored a game-high 30 points.
UAB Blazers at Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – UAB, ATS Winner – UAB, O/U – Under
- The Blue Raiders rank 126th in steals per game (6.3) while the Blazers rank 167th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Middle Tennessee ranks 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while UAB ranks 68th (3.0).
- Middle Tennessee ranks 57th in three pointers allowed per game (19.9) while UAB ranks 272nd (26.1).
- The Blazers rank 17th in assists per game (17.0) while the Blue Raiders rank 129th (14.0).
- UAB ranks 49th in rebounds per game (38.3) while Middle Tennessee ranks 99th (36.5).
- The Blue Raiders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 9.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Blazers have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (10.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (2.0 below their season average).