The Western Michigan Broncos (1-1) and the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (1-1) square off in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off at HTC Center. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNews.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Western Michigan Broncos Betting Preview
In the Golden Hurricanes last contest, they easily got past the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles, 90-71. Junior Etou was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 11-for-13 shooting. Tulsa played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.351 and a turnover percentage of 16.9. For those same stats, Oral Roberts was 0.220 and 21.8, respectively.
The Broncos are trying to rebound after their 78-60 loss to the South Carolina Gamecocks in their last matchup. Thomas Wilder was the games leading scorer with 21 points on 7-for-15 shooting. South Carolina had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.1 vs. 19.5). Western Michigan, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.8 vs. 16.8).
Second-chance opportunities could be hard to find for Tulsa in this showdown. The Golden Hurricane rank 201st in offensive rebounding percentage (29.0 percent), while Western Michigan ranks 65th in defensive rebounding percentage (73.7 percent) since last season.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Western Michigan Broncos Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Western Michigan, ATS Winner – Western Michigan, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Broncos rank 142nd in rebounds per game (36.1) while the Golden Hurricane rank 225th (34.6).
- Western Michigan ranks 188th in blocks per game (2.9) while Tulsa ranks 225th (2.6).
- Tulsa ranks 158th in three pointers attempted per game (21.3) while Western Michigan ranks 280th (17.9).
- The Broncos rank 126th in steals allowed per game (6.0) while the Golden Hurricane rank 245th (7.1).
- Western Michigan ranks 189th in assists per game (13.2) while Tulsa ranks 281st (11.4).