A five-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Vanderbilt Commodores (5-1) when they welcome the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (5-1) to Memorial Gym. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 30, 2019.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Vanderbilt Commodores Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Commodores defeated the Southeastern Louisiana Lions 78-70, while the Golden Hurricane had no trouble getting past the South Carolina State Bulldogs 78-47.
Tulsa dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.182 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.618 (above their season average of 0.469). For those same stats, South Carolina State was 0.111 and 0.380, respectively. Meanwhile, Vanderbilt’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Southeastern Louisiana. The Commodores had a rate of 0.328 (above their season average of 0.214), while the Lions posted a mark of 0.186 (below the 0.286 mark opponents have averaged against Vanderbilt this season). Saben Lee played well for Vanderbilt with 12 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. Brandon Rachal, meanwhile played well for Tulsa, contributing 11 points and 10 rebounds.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Tulsa figures to have a considerable advantage. Since the 2018-19 season, the Golden Hurricane defense ranks 49th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.474), while the Vanderbilt offense ranks 192nd in effective field goal percentage (0.507).
Tulsa Golden Hurricane at Vanderbilt Commodores Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Vanderbilt, ATS Winner – Vanderbilt, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Vanderbilt ranks 82nd in three pointers allowed per game (20.7) while Tulsa ranks 309th (26.7).
- The Golden Hurricane rank 131st in assists per game (13.7) while the Commodores rank 233rd (12.3).
- Tulsa ranks 199th in steals per game (5.9) while Vanderbilt ranks 251st (5.3).
- The Commodores rank 81st in blocks per game (4.0) while the Golden Hurricane rank 234th (2.4).
- Vanderbilt ranks 159th in rebounds per game (35.6) while Tulsa ranks 266th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).