It will be a contest between two stifling defenses when the South Florida Bulls (11-13, 4-7 AAC) go head-to-head against the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (16-8, 8-3 AAC) at Yuengling Center. The game starts at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020, and will air on ESPNU.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane at South Florida Bulls Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Bulls were beaten by the 20th-ranked Houston Cougars, 62-58, while the Golden Hurricane beat the East Carolina Pirates, 70-56.
Tulsa dominated every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.479 (above their season average of 0.265) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.490 (below their season average of 0.501). For those same stats, East Carolina was 0.204 and 0.417, respectively. South Florida, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.419 (above their season average of 0.240). South Florida was lifted by Laquincy Rideau, who contributed 21 points. Martins Igbanu played well for Tulsa, contributing 24 points and 10 rebounds.
The Golden Hurricane won the only contest between these two teams last season, 78-75. Tulsa was effective at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Golden Hurricane made 30 of their 37 free throws (81.1 percent), while the Bulls were just 11-22 (50.0 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The inefficient offense of South Florida (310th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 96.1) will go head-to-head against the elite defense of Tulsa (51st in the country with a defensive efficiency of 94.2). The Golden Hurricane figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. South Florida Bulls Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Tulsa, ATS Winner – Tulsa, O/U – Over
- South Florida ranks 91st in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while Tulsa ranks 283rd (26.0).
- The Golden Hurricane rank 140th in assists per game (13.2) while the Bulls rank 258th (9.9).
- The Bulls average 7.9 steals per game, which ranks 43rd in the NCAA. The Golden Hurricane rank 186th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- South Florida ranks 19th in rebounds allowed per game (30.6) while Tulsa ranks 144th (34.9).
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 62.4 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.6 points per game (1.1 below their season average).
- The Golden Hurricane have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Tulsa has defeated opponents by an average of 5.5 points.