The Tulsa Golden Hurricane (9-3) will travel to the Mabee Center to square off against the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (4-10). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane at Oral Roberts Golden Eagles Betting Odds
In their last game, the Golden Eagles lost big to the Missouri State Bears, 84-50, while the Golden Hurricane were victorious over the Alcorn State Braves, 73-56.
Tulsa dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.408 and a turnover percentage of 17.1. For those same stats, Alcorn State put up marks of 0.184 and 25.9, respectively. Oral Roberts, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.190 vs. 0.127). Oral Roberts received a boost from Kerwin Smith, who put up 12 points and nine rebounds. Sterling Taplin led the way for Tulsa, recording 16 points and five assists.
The Golden Hurricane won the only game between these two teams last year, 90-71. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Tulsa’s largest advantages. They had 27 free throw attempts, while Oral Roberts had 21. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Tulsa should have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Golden Hurricane rank 89th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.476), while Oral Roberts is 191st in effective field goal percentage (0.514).
Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Oral Roberts Golden Eagles Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Tulsa, ATS Winner – Oral Roberts, O/U – Over
- Oral Roberts averages 22.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 137th in the NCAA. Tulsa ranks 190th in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- The Golden Hurricane rank 167th in assists per game (12.4) while the Golden Eagles rank 186th in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- The Golden Eagles rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Golden Hurricane rank 64th (3.1).
- Oral Roberts ranks 130th in rebounds per game (36.1) while Tulsa ranks 150th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (1.6 below their season average).
- The Golden Hurricane’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.4, up from 5.0 for the season.