A 12-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Cincinnati Bearcats (16-3, 5-1 AAC) when they welcome the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (12-7, 2-4 AAC) to Fifth Third Arena. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019, and can be seen on ESPN2.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Cincinnati Bearcats ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Bearcats beat the Wichita State Shockers, 66-55, while the Golden Hurricane lost a tough one against the UCF Knights, 64-62.
Cincinnati dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.543 (above their season average of 0.272) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.3 (above their season average of 36.1). For those same stats, Wichita State had marks of 0.096 and 23.3, respectively. Tulsa, meanwhile, held UCF to an effective field goal percentage of 0.412 (below their season average of 0.547). Cincinnati received a boost from Jarron Cumberland, who had 18 points and seven rebounds. DaQuan Jeffries had a good outing for Tulsa, recording 15 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Cane Broome led the Bearcats to a 70-65 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 16 points. Cincinnati had a much better turnover percentage (14.8 vs. 28.5). Tulsa, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.283 vs. 0.108).
Cincinnati should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Cincinnati ranks 37th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.4 percent), while Tulsa forces the 93rd-fewest turnovers (17.9 percent).
Tulsa Golden Hurricane at Cincinnati Bearcats Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Cincinnati, ATS Winner – Cincinnati, O/U – Under
- Cincinnati ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (29.2) while Tulsa ranks 208th (37.0).
- The Bearcats rank 129th in three pointers allowed per game (22.2) while the Golden Hurricane rank 247th (25.8).
- Cincinnati ranks 43rd in assists allowed per game (11.2) while Tulsa ranks 128th (13.1).
- The Bearcats rank 18th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Golden Hurricane rank 167th (2.4).
- Cincinnati ranks third in steals allowed per game (4.2) while Tulsa ranks 123rd (6.6).
- During their last five games, the Bearcats have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.8 points per game (7.1 above their season average).
- The Golden Hurricane have been outscored by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Tulsa has defeated opponents by an average of 1.8 points.