The Tulane Green Wave (13-13, 4-10 AAC), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they travel to Charles Koch Arena to clash against the No. 13 Wichita State Shockers (21-5, 11-3 AAC). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 156.5 points with Wichita State set as a 21-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 21, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Tulane Green Wave vs. Wichita State Shockers Odds Preview
The Green Wave were beaten by the Memphis Tigers in their last outing, 68-63. With 16 points on 5-for-12 shooting, Melvin Frazier was Tulane’s leading scorer. Memphis had an effective field goal percentage of 0.609 (above their season average of 0.492). Tulane, meanwhile, forced the Tigers into a turnover percentage of 23.3 (above their season average of 17.6).
In the Shockers last game, they beat the No. 5 Cincinnati Bearcats, 76-72. Wichita State received a boost from Landry Shamet, who was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Wichita State’s 0.608 effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Cincinnati, who had a rate of 0.548. The Shockers mark was above their season average of 0.558.
Wichita State should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Wichita State ranks 50th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while Tulane forces the 96th-fewest turnovers (17.7 percent). Also, the Green Wave rank 268th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.1 percent), while the Shockers rank eighth in defensive rebounding percentage (77.5 percent).
Of Tulane’s 21 games that accepted bets, 11 have finished under the projected point total, while 15 of Wichita State’s 24 games have finished over the O/U total. The Shockers come into this game with a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 21-5 SU and 12-12 ATS, while the Green Wave are 13-13 SU and 8-13 ATS.
Tulane Green Wave at Wichita State Shockers Betting Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Wichita State, ATS Winner – Wichita State, O/U – Under
- The Green Wave rank 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Shockers rank 109th (3.4).
- Tulane ranks 199th in steals per game (5.1) while Wichita State ranks 225th (4.7).
- Wichita State averages 41.0 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the nation. Tulane ranks 213th in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- The Green Wave rank 94th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while the Shockers rank 227th (23.7).
- Wichita State averages 19.0 assists per game, which ranks third in the nation. Tulane ranks 86th in assists allowed per game (12.5).
- The Shockers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.0, down from 13.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Green Wave have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.4 points per game (5.7 above their season average).