The Tulane Green Wave (11-15, 3-11 AAC) will be at Addition Financial Arena to clash against the UCF Knights (14-11, 5-8 AAC) in an AAC matchup. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNU.
Tulane Green Wave at UCF Knights ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Knights edged the Cincinnati Bearcats 89-87, while the Green Wave beat the SMU Mustangs 80-72.
The Green Wave knocked down 31 of their 43 free throws (72.1 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.662 (above their season average of 0.479). UCF, meanwhile, dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.483) and a free throw rate of 0.328 (above their season average of 0.212). Cincinnati had marks of 0.439 and 0.297, respectively, for those same stats. UCF’s Tony Johnson Jr. had a solid performance, finishing with 21 points, nine rebounds and six assists. Teshaun Hightower played a key role for Tulane with 26 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Dazon Ingram led the Knights to a 74-55 victory. He notched a double-double with 15 points and 16 rebounds. UCF did a great job of converting from the free throw line (16-19; 84.2 percent). Tulane, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (18.1 vs. 21.8).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, UCF should have a significant advantage. The Knights defense ranks 99th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.473), while the Tulane offense is ranked 250th in effective field goal percentage (0.484).
Tulane vs. UCF ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Tulane, ATS Winner – Tulane, O/U – Under
- UCF ranks 145th in rebounds per game (35.5) while Tulane ranks 289th (30.9).
- The Knights rank 144th in three pointers allowed per game (21.6) while the Green Wave rank 247th (24.7).
- The Knights rank 134th in assists per game (13.3) while the Green Wave rank 261st in assists allowed per game (16.0).
- Tulane ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while UCF ranks 121st (6.4).
- The Knights have been outscored by an average of 3.8 points in their last five games. On the season, UCF has defeated opponents by an average of 0.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Green Wave have scored an average of 66.8 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.4 points per game (5.7 above their season average).